1. Spread, to taste, 4 slices of bread with mustard, and the remaining 4 slices with mayonnaise.
2. Assemble sandwiches, using ¼ of each veggie, one slice of cheese, and two sorrel leaves on each sandwich. Slice each sandwich in half and serve.
3. if you wish to roast your own pepper, place pepper directly on the oven rack and broil a few inches from the element, turning frequently until the pepper is evenly charred. Immediately remove pepper from heat and place in a zip-lock bag, allowing bag to steam with the accumulated heat. When peppers can be handled, (about 15 minutes), strip off skin by hand; core and wash pepper, and cut into strips as desired. Peppers can also be roasted over an open wood or charcoal fire, too.
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add potatoes and 1 tsp salt, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
2. Mix minced garlic with remaining 1 tsp salt, forming a paste. In large bowl, mix paste with lemon juice, mayonnaise and hot water.
3. Add warm potatoes to bowl, slowly mixing until potatoes are evenly coated. Add dill and mix again. Serve chilled.
1. In large bowl combine potatoes, butter, milk, cheese and salt and pepper. Mash or beat mixture until smooth. Fold in Italian parsley, and serve immediately.
Makes approx. 5 side dish-sized servings
1. Cook penne according to directions on package
2. Toss all ingredients together while pasta is still hot. Serve immediately with crusty Italian bread.
Makes 4 servings