1. Place chopped lavender in a small bowl and add 3 Tbl. boiling water. Steep at least 15 minutes.
2. Place cookie crumbs into a medium sized bowl and cut the butter into the cookies as you would a pie crust. Add the vanilla and mix until completely combined.
3. Beginning at the center, press the crumb mixture into a 9” springform pan until the bottom is evenly covered.
4. Beat the cream cheese and agave until combined; strain the lavender infusion and add the liquid to the cream cheese mixture, whipping with a mixer until fluffy.
5. Beat the whipping cream with the superfine sugar until stiff. Very gently fold whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture. Pour onto your crumb crust and spread evenly. Cover and chill at least two hours or until firm.
6. Decorate the top of the cake with fresh fruit. Warm the apricot preserves and gently brush the top of the fruit and cake to glaze.
1. Heat grill to medium temperature. As grill is heating, in small bowl, mix soy sauce, olive oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, fresh herbs, and salt and pepper.
2. Place caps on grill and cook for five minutes, frequently basting with mixture. Turn caps over, baste often, and cook until caps are tender, about 5 minutes. You may place buns on grill and lightly toast if desired.
3. Serve one Portobello cap on each bun and serve with a variety of condiments, including lettuce, tomato, red onion, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, pickles, avocado, jalapenos, or pineapple rings.
1. Heat skillet over medium heat. Whip eggs, chives and milk in bowl and set aside. Melt half of the butter in the pan, and pour half of the egg mixture in the pan. When egg is slightly set, add half of tomatoes, cheese, and salt and pepper. Cook for about two minutes, or until egg mixture is cooked through. Tilt pan over serving plate, folding omelet in half on the plate.
2. Repeat for second omelet.
Makes 2 omelets
1. Heat oil in wok or large skillet at high temperature. Add garlic and cook until tender, about 1 minute.
2. Add rest of vegetables except for Thai basil. Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
3. At the last two minutes, tear Thai basil leaves into mixture. Add soy sauce and cook for one minute. Serve on steamed rice
Makes approx. 5 servings