As with all salads, this traditional Greek salad will really pop during the summer months when local veggies are available. True to the original Greek salad, this salad does not include any leafy greens.
- 2 Tbl extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 Tbl fresh oregano, minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ½ English cucumber, unpeeled, sliced and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ½ sweet red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼-½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- ¼ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1. Combine olive oil and oregano, and let stand for 15 minutes.
2. In a large glass serving bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, red peppers, onion and olives. Pour olive oil mixture over ingredients and mix well to coat vegetables. Sprinkle Feta cheese on top of salad to complete.
Makes 4 servings