1. Heat grill to medium temperature. As grill is heating, in small bowl, mix soy sauce, olive oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, fresh herbs, and salt and pepper.
2. Place caps on grill and cook for five minutes, frequently basting with mixture. Turn caps over, baste often, and cook until caps are tender, about 5 minutes. You may place buns on grill and lightly toast if desired.
3. Serve one Portobello cap on each bun and serve with a variety of condiments, including lettuce, tomato, red onion, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, pickles, avocado, jalapenos, or pineapple rings.
1. Heat skillet over medium heat. Whip eggs, chives and milk in bowl and set aside. Melt half of the butter in the pan, and pour half of the egg mixture in the pan. When egg is slightly set, add half of tomatoes, cheese, and salt and pepper. Cook for about two minutes, or until egg mixture is cooked through. Tilt pan over serving plate, folding omelet in half on the plate.
2. Repeat for second omelet.
Makes 2 omelets
Slice chicken breasts into diagonal strips and assemble sandwiches using chicken breast (sliced), 2 slices cheese, 2 sorrel leaves, one or two slices of cucumber and tomato, and mayonnaise and mustard to taste.
Serve with our Marinated Mushrooms with Oregano.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
1. Preheat oven to 370 degrees. Cut top of peppers and reserve. Clean out seeds, and set in baking dish.
2. In large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil 2 minutes. Add pork, hamburger, salt and pepper, and cook until beef and pork is browned, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat, and drain excess fat. Add and combine remaining ingredients except cheese.
3. Stuff peppers with filling, and put reserved pepper tops back in place. Cover dish with foil, and bake for one hour.
4. Remove foil and pepper tops, sprinkle with cheese, and bake uncovered until cheese is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove and serve